The use of DSC has gained significant prominence to ensure security and protection of online transactions and transfer of documents across various transacting parties.
Based on the use and types of transactions conducted, the DSC is issued for a limited time period of its validity (1 year or 2 years validity).
After the completion of the validity of the DSC, you must obtain a renewed DSC for which an application has to be made. In case of any change in the personal information detailed in the DSC, you must apply for making those changes for updating the same on the DSC.
1. You must obtain a DSC USB-token in case of DSC renewal. If you have not procured a USB-token while registering for your DSC, then you must procure the same for the renewal process.
2. You must apply for the renewal with the same name registered in your existing DSC.Any change in the name during the renewal process is not permissible and will be treated as a fresh application for registration of a new DSC.
3. Changes made to the postal address and contact details are permissible.
4. The application for renewal of the DSC must be made 7 days prior to the expiry of your existing DSC.
5. To apply for renewal or change in DSC, you must install on your PC/machine the existing DSC and the DSC which requires a change.