Issued by the certifying authorities a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) is a reliable digital key to validate and certify the identity of the person that holds this certificate. DSC accepted by several government agencies is now required in many applications as statutory requirement.
1. Sign Digital Signature Certificate : It is only used to sign the documents. The most liked use is signing of PDF file for Tax Returns, MCA and other websites. Get assurity of signer's and data's integrity by signing via DSC as it is an evidence of unharmed and unchanged data.
2. Encrypt Digital Signature Certificate : It only used for document encryption. To assist the companies in encrypting the documents and uploading them, it is largely used in the portal for tender. You could also use the certificate to encrypt and send classified information. Encrypt DSC is appropriate for documents related to e-Commerce, for legal documentation and sharing documents that are strictly classified and holds all that information that needs protection.
3. Sign & Encrypt Digital Signature Certificate : It is used for signing and encrypting both. It is fit for all those users who wish to validate and retain the secrecy of the information that is shared. It is used in filing government form and application.
Three types of Digital Signature certificates are there that are issued by the certifying authorities depending upon the type of applicant and the purpose for which DSC is required.
1. DSC Application form submission after the applicant fills it completely.
2. Submission of Photo ID proof
3. Submission of Address proof
1. Log on to a Certifying Authority licensed website that issues Digital Certificates in India and select your type of entity.
2. Fill in the necessary details after downloading the DSC application form. After filling all the compulsory details attach your recent photograph and mark your signature under the declaration. Check from top to bottom whether the form is completely filled or not. Print the completed form and safeguard it.
3. The assisting documents such as identity and address proof must receive attestation by an attesting officer.
4. To get digital signature online, one must get a demand draft or cheque for the payment of application form in the Local Registration Authority's name.
5. After enclosing the following mentioned documents in an envelope, post them.
(i) Duly completed DSC registration form
(ii) Identity and address proof documents attested by the attesting officer.
(iii) Demand Draft or Cheque for payment of application form.
(iv) Mark the enclosed envelope addressing to the Local Registration Authority (LRA) and post the enclosed envelope to the referred address of the LRA for further processing of the form.
After completing the above-mentioned steps i.e. after filling the DSC Form and providing all the required documents and payment, application process of Digital Signature Certificate is completed successfully.